Like most websites, we collect certain information about you in order to provide the service. We care about your privacy and want to make sure you know what we do with this info. We abide by a few simple privacy principles:
We only ask for enough info to make the site work.
This site thrives on its community and the info and events, answers, checks and reviews that you share on the site. In order to provide these features, you share information with us.
- When you post a review, answer, checkin or event attendance – certain information like your review, your comment, your checkin (and location), your rating, and your chosen public name will be posted on the site for all others to see. If you wish to post anonymously, don’t use your real name or post any identifying information. We will not post any private information (like your email address) that we have about you.
- When you register for the site – we will ask for your real name, your email address and other information so we can help you log into the site and so we can recover your info in case your forget your password. You also have the ability to share information as part of your public profile.
- When you contact us – in order to get back to you and to verify that you are a real person, we may ask you for identifying information like your email address, your real name, or your phone number (especially if you manage or own a bar, hotel, or other listed establishment).
When you connect your account to a third party service, that service shares info with us
This site allows you to connect your account to your accounts on other services like facebook, twitter, or foursquare. When you connect, you enable additional functionality on your account, making it easier to share with your friends and this site’s visitors. To make these features work, the other service needs to share information with us (eg. to display your profile pic, post your event attendances, or post your mobile checkins). When you ask us to, we can publish information to the other service as well (eg. share this checkin on facebook or twitter). This is completely optional and you can always disable this service from the “My Account” screen. Each of these services also provides their own way to disable the sharing on their site. See the privacy policies for facebook, foursquare, and twitter.
How do we store your personal information?
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location. Personal information that we store is subject to security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption where appropriate.
How can you access your personal information?
You can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information. You may also close the account you have with us for any of our Sites at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact our privacy champion Contact DPO (Privacy Officer ).
Choices regarding control of your personal information
Where we have your consent to do so (e.g if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have otherwise indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we may send you marketing communications about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future.
If your e-mail address has changed and you would like to continue to receive our e-mails, you will need to access your account and update your e-mail address information in your account and sign-up again for those e-mails that you want to receive.
If we send e-mails with commercial content we will generally include an “unsubscribe” facility that you can use to opt-out of further communications – to opt-out, just follow the instructions in the e-mail. We might not include an opt-out facility in important operational and service-based e-mails concerning things like your purchases, the user terms, important updates and need-to-know messages. By using our Sites you agree that we do not need to include opt-out facilities in those messages.
You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in your case.
Cookies (not the type you eat!) and web analytics
Generally speaking, when you visit our Sites, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and may not reveal your true super-hero identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP or proxy server IP
- basic domain information
- your Internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection
- the date and time of your visit to the website
- the length of your session
- the pages which you have accessed
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the size of file you look at
- the website which referred you to our Sites
- the operating system which your computer uses.
We do not sell or rent user information
The personal information that you give us stays with us and will not be sold or rented. We may share aggregated information about our visitors, including things like the demographics of our users, but we will not sell or rent personally identifiable information. We may send messages or display targeted advertisements based on personal information, but in these cases, we will choose which ads/messages to display and we will not share your personal information with the advertiser unless we explicitly indicate that we will.
We use email to keep in touch, but you can always unsubscribe
If you give your contact information, we may contact you from time to time via email or regular mail about site updates and changes. You can always unsubscribe from any of these emails if you wish.
If we change our policies, we will post notice here
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact our privacy champion in writing at Contact DPO (Privacy Officer )
If you have any concerns about how we have been managing your personal information, or if you think we have not been complying with Europe privacy law, you can make a complaint in writing to our privacy champion. Request Data Archive
Any notices or requests can be mailed to: info @amediacanarias.com